miércoles, 6 de abril de 2011

Using Blogs and keeping track of them... God bless RSS!!!

Whoa!!! After going through all the activities in the unit Online writing for students and teachers, I must confess that the part that I liked the most is the one regarding how to use RSS (Really Simple Syndication), which is a tool that allows you to subscribe to different sites on the cyberspace and keep updated on them.

For a long time, I had seen the orange symbol on the left without knowing what it meant or what it was used for. Now I know that just by clicking on it I can subscribe to any site on the Internet. This is undoubtedly a very useful tool as it lets you save time when surfing the net looking for the most recent news or updates on your favorite webpages.

Also, I loved the part about Google Reader, an application that allows you to access all news about the pages to which you have subscribed just as you do with your email accounts. Personally, I think this application is great; I just opened my account in Google Reader to keep track of all those newsfeeds from my favorite sites.

1 comentario:

  1. RSS is really neat. Just imagine having to visit 50 blogs from diffent URLs one by one. That'd be dreadful! Using Rss will simplify your work to having access to these blogs by using an aggregator like Google reader or Bloglines (my favorite) and on top of that you will know just by visiting any of these agregators which blog has been updated or not!

    ResponderEliminar